Sugg.: Bookmarks - Available Styles

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's OFFice2PDF and MS Office Addin Applications - supplied with PDF-XChange.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Peter2
User

Sugg.: Bookmarks - Available Styles

Post by Peter2 »

Certainly the tab "Bookmarks - Available Styles" is not in daily and common use, but the list is a little bit too simple.

At least "sorting of the list" would be helpful; "filtering" would be the luxury ...

Peter

EDIT:
I found something under
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange 5\Office Addin\Profiles\0001\0\Word\Styles ...

If I delete the entire "Styles" (there are 352 values) - will it be refreshed with current data?
PDF-X-Change Pro German
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: Sugg.: Bookmarks - Available Styles

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

I just tested this out by first exporting the "Styles" key in question from Windows Registry and then deleting it.

After this, I started Word 2010 and went into "Edit Settings" of the PDF-XChange 2012 Office add-in.

Via the Bookmarks-tab, I found a fresh list with all the styles coming from the Normal.dotm template from Word 2010.
All the "Custom" types of styles had disappeared.

I suppose that new custom styles will be add every time that you use the add-in for generating PDF's from Word.

Best regards.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Thanks for the help Willy,

Indeed - removing those registry entries will remove any custom rules you have added for bookmarks generation, but most styles listed there are anyway taken directly from word.

Regards,
Stefan
Peter2
User

Post by Peter2 »

Peter2 wrote:...At least "sorting of the list" would be helpful; "filtering" would be the luxury ...
Suggestion 2:
When you add the sorting feature, you could add a button "Clean up all entries" :) (It is a simple delete-registry command ..)
PDF-X-Change Pro German
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Thanks for the suggestion Peter, I'll pass it along.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com