Is the IE9 addin?

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's OFFice2PDF and MS Office Addin Applications - supplied with PDF-XChange.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

ian thomas
User

Is the IE9 addin?

Post by ian thomas »

Is this the same adding that is installed in Internet Explorer 9 (Windows 7)?

If so, I have a problem saving PDF files to anywhere but the Windows Desktop - even though the permissions I have set on any folder (eg, D:\MyFolder\) are Full Control for Everyone. What do I need to do to allow saving a PDF file to any folder?

This tool is usually a very accurate way to render a web page, but is a real PITA to manage, since the IE Print Preview renderer* is faulty - with all PDF drivers, at least for the 5 products I have tested it with.

* This is the alternative way to save a web page with PDF_Xchange.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Is the IE9 addin?

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello ian thomas,

Yes the IE add-in is part of the helpers that come along with the standard printing drivers, however it is started by and executed inside an IE "safe" environment - so the permission settings for IE will apply. When I try to save on my machine in e.g. C:\PDFs (a custom created folder with full permissions) - I get a
"C:\PDFs\<<web_page_name>>.pdf"
You don't have permission to save in this location.
Contact the administrator to obtain permission.

Would you like to save in My Documents folder instead?

And I had to remove the protected mode from IE's Tools -> Internet Options -> Security, and then I was able to save in the desired folder.

Best,
Stefan