Word- create PDF file in VBA with XCHANGE

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's OFFice2PDF and MS Office Addin Applications - supplied with PDF-XChange.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

vnbpub
User

Word- create PDF file in VBA with XCHANGE

Post by vnbpub »

Config: WINDOWS XP- MS Office 2003 - XChange 4.0.186.0

I need to create the PDF file of the Word document in a VBA macro.
Trying with the printer Xchange, the result is not the rigth one (only code, see attached file)
I don't find any tutorial or website that can explain how to manage Xchange from vba program.
I wisch not complicate things, only create pdf with the standard option.
I try to capte the command of icon [Convert document to PDF] without any succes.

Have you any suggestion?
Regards
Attachments
Test.pdf
(160.14 KiB) Downloaded 414 times
Chris - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Word- create PDF file in VBA with XCHANGE

Post by Chris - Tracker Supp »

Hi vnbpub,

You cannot capture the enduser product office addin convert to pdf button using vba macro. Your VBA Macro could send the word document to the PDF-XChange Printer in the printers list like you would a standard paper printer and convert to PDF using this method, but anything you are trying to do that is more complex than that, would require the at least the Drivers API SDK to convert programmatically.

Best,
Chris
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Chris Attrell
Tracker Sales & Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com