Excessive Margin in Converted Excel File

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's OFFice2PDF and MS Office Addin Applications - supplied with PDF-XChange.

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

international alliance group
User

Excessive Margin in Converted Excel File

Post by international alliance group » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:39 pm

When converting an Excel file I have had fairly significant margins added. Attached is a file that includes a test sheet I created and then scanned (sht 2) and the converted document in the program (sht 1). The effect has been somewhat more pronounced in some live trials with non Test software.
Attachments
test.pdf
(96.74 KiB) Downloaded 210 times

Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Excessive Margin in Converted Excel File

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:18 pm

Hi,

thaks for the post. There are a number of variables that could influence this, not the least of which is the printing settings you have used. So that I clearly understand what you are reporting I'd like to clarify exactly what process you are using.

I believe you did the following, correct me if I'm wrong:
Created am excel file - set margins in Excel
Convert to PDF using the MS Office Addin
Printed the resultant PDF using PDF-XChange to a physical printer
Scanned the printed result and added as page 2 of the document you sent.

If I have this correct can you tell me what settings you used when printing the PDF to paper? There are options to center, scale and rotate. When I print your page 1 it prints the same as the file. I scanned it and attached the file. I think I had it a little crooked but the margins don't seem that different. Could that be the issue, that the print out is not accurate or have I missunderstood?
Attachments
New Document.zip
(4.3 KiB) Downloaded 182 times

Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com