Missing "Favorit" in PDF-Tools after update 7 to 8

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools Version 4

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

MCH10
User

Missing "Favorit" in PDF-Tools after update 7 to 8

Post by MCH10 » Thu May 16, 2019 1:31 pm

After I look to update for my Tracker Software I ge tthe Info: Update to V8.0 bulild 331.0.
I came from 7.???? last Version.

Update runs fine. No problems.

BUT:
After update ALL selfmade settings and Favirite in PDF-Tool 8.0 are missing.
This is VERY annoying!
:oops:

IS it possible to get it back?

br Michael, Hamburg, Germany

TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Missing "Favorit" in PDF-Tools after update 7 to 8

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel » Thu May 16, 2019 5:21 pm

Hello MCH10,

I cannot guarantee that we will be able to restore these, but we can certainly try. To do this, I will need you to export and send us a registry key. You can do thisby opening the Start menu and entering Regedit.exe
In the window that appears, navigate to the following location:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tracker Software\PDFXTools

Then Right click the PDFTools folder that appears there, and choose "Export":
image.png
Be sure to change the File type to .txt so that you can easily share it with us, most mail clients will block emails that contain registry keys.
image.png
If any of your tools contained personal information, passwords or the like, it is possible that some of that information may be present in this export as well, so I would advise against sharing it on our forums if that may be the case. In that situation you can email us via Support@Tracker-Software.com with a link to this forum post.

With this registry key, I will attempt to recover your tools and favorites collection, and create a file that you can easily import to restore these. Again I cannot promise it will be successful, and it may take some time, but I will certainly try my best.

Kind regards,
Daniel McIntyre
Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

Sales: +1 (250) 324-1621
Fax: +1 (250) 324-1623