Batch Merging of PDF files

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools Version 4

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

star
User

Batch Merging of PDF files

Post by star » Tue May 16, 2017 12:45 am

Hi,

I'm looking at how to do batch merging of files. As an example, I have 2 sets of file

Doc 1
Doc 2
Doc 3

Type A

My desired end result is to have Doc 1 + Type A as a single PDF file with the file name "Doc 1 Merged" or even "Doc 1" but in a separate folder. I have close to 300 such files to process a few times every year, so any advice on how to automate the process helps!

I have PDF-Viewer, PDF-XChange Office2PDF, PDF-XChange pdfSaver, PDF-XChange Tools 4.0 and PDF-Change Viewer.

Thank you!

Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Batch Merging of PDF files

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan » Tue May 16, 2017 9:57 am

Hello Star,

Is it "Type A" always the same file - so you want to merge that into all the Doc 1, Doc 2 ... files?
If so - then try the "Insert Pages" feature in the Tools/Editor.
If using Tools - you can drag and drop all the Doc 1, Doc 2 ... files in a list, and then select to insert a page to them all from your "Type A" document, update the naming macro and saving location, and then hit the process button.
If using the Editor - you will need to do it one by one as the Editor is not exactly designed for such batch operations.

Regards,
Stefan

star
User

Post by star » Mon May 22, 2017 8:12 am

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your reply! I may still be missing a step. Are we both looking at the same interface?

I've tried the split/merge option since it seems to be the most likely option but can't seem to find the batch option.

Thanks!
Attachments
IMG_1220.JPG

star
User

Post by star » Mon May 22, 2017 8:22 am

To add on, is there any chance I can get the following result

File a + file 1 saved as file a
File b + file 1 saved as file b
File c + file 1 saved as file c

With one click (rather than going through the process 3 times?)

Thank you!

Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan » Mon May 22, 2017 11:47 am

Hello star,

Thanks for the screenshot. You are using version 4.0 of the PDF Tools, while the options I was looking at are in V6.0 (the current latest).
So please do download and install the latest tools:
https://www.tracker-software.com/product/pdf-tools
And you will see the options I was talking about.

Regards,
Stefan