optimise PDF

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools Version 4

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Chris - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan

meckimesser
User

optimise PDF

Post by meckimesser » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:24 pm

Hi,

wonder why the option "deskew" and "despeckle", usually available when scanning from within PDF xchange, cannot be applied to a regular PDF file imported. Maybe I have overlooked something here. I usually like to start the scanning at the scanner and open the scanned document then in PDF xchange, but these options can then not be applied. Both options would be nice to have them available in the PDF tool ("optimise PDF") as well.

Regards

Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: optimise PDF

Post by Will - Tracker Supp » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:11 am

Hi meckimesser,

Thanks for the post - I believe that we're looking at adding standalone deskew and despeckle features for a later release, but for now content can be deskewed using the OCR in the Editor and setting it to Create New Searchable PDF, though it cannot despeckle.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com