Keep hyperlinks when converting from PDF to RTF

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools Version 4

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

art563
User

Keep hyperlinks when converting from PDF to RTF

Post by art563 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:39 am

We run PDF-Tools (Version 4.0.0176 Build 0000( for Windows with Windows 7. A PDF document is successfully converted from PDF to RTF. Sadly the existing links (hyperlinks) that were the result of a long and laborious process are lost. All that remains is text that looks like a link but does not behave like a link. Can this be remedied?

Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Keep hyperlinks when converting from PDF to RTF

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:12 am

Hello art563,

Welcome to our forums and thanks for your post.

The links inside a PDF document are a special type of annotation object, and unfortunately the PDF Tools can't export those at all.
I tried the Editor as well - saving a sample file to a PowerPoint document - and while annotations there are preserver - links are still not. I will ask our devs if this is something that can be done when exporting to other file formats, and if it can - whether we want to implement such a feature in our products.

Regards,
Stefan

art563
User

Post by art563 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:19 pm

Hi Stefan,

thank you for your reply on Feb 04th. Please accept my apologies for not replying any sooner.

Did you have a chance to discuss this feature with your development team? More specifically, is there a way to convert a PDF to DOC or RTF while keeping the hyperlinks (links inside the document as well as links to external URLs) fully functional?

Regards, Aaron.

Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:45 pm

Hello Aaron,

It was quite a while ago and I can't recall if I discussed this with my colleagues, so I have made a note now, and will check again on my next meeting with the devs.

Regards,
Stefan