Problem trying to delete/manage search providers

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools Version 4

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

mwidunn
User

Problem trying to delete/manage search providers

Post by mwidunn » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:31 pm

I go: PREFERENCES > CATEGORIES > SEARCH PROVIDERS.

I select one of the Search Providers which I'd like to remove. (Let's say: Yahoo.) I click on: REMOVE.

A box pops up saying: "ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO DELETE DEFINITION OF THIS SEARCH PROVIDER? OPERATION CANNOT BE UNDONE." I click: YES.

Then, I click APPLY > OK to close PREFERENCES . . . and, the Yahoo Search Provider is still there.

Is this a glitch or something? Or, are these 8 providers (namely, Google, Ask, Yahoo, Bing, Wikipedia, Meta, Seznam, & Yandex) undeleteable?

Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Problem trying to delete/manage search providers

Post by Will - Tracker Supp » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:54 pm

Hi mwidunn,

Thanks for the post - can you advise on whether you are seeing this with the Viewer, or the Editor? Also, advise on the build that you're using (found under Help --> About).

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com

mwidunn
User

Post by mwidunn » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:21 pm

Will - Tracker Supp wrote:Hi mwidunn,

Thanks for the post - can you advise on whether you are seeing this with the Viewer, or the Editor? Also, advise on the build that you're using (found under Help --> About).

Thanks,
Thanks for the reply.

I'm using Viewer, build 313.1.

Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:16 pm

Hi mwidunn,

Thanks for the post - I believe that, in the Viewer, these were locked and it was not possible to delete them. In the Editor, however, these can be removed.

Do please note that the Viewer has been replaced by the Editor and is no longer actively being developed, so I suspect that this will not be changed in the Viewer, moving forward.

If you would like to download and try the Editor, it is available directly, from here:
http://www.tracker-software.com/PDFXVE5.zip

HTH!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com