Generating Layers

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools Version 4

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

a-laiturit oy
User

Generating Layers

Post by a-laiturit oy » Fri May 22, 2015 9:48 am

Hi,

there is an "Overlay PDF" function in PDF-Tools 4. But when making a document with it, it just put the content top on each others. It does not make them real layers those visibility could be turned on/off in a viewer. Should it work this way? If so, I will give a big +1 for working tool generating really layered PDF files.

Oh.. also, there is no any contents of this tool in your help.

Thanks and regards,
Olli

Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Generating Layers

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan » Fri May 22, 2015 11:34 am

Hello Olli,

Yes the Overlay feature in the PDF Tools does not add a separate Layer, it adds the new content above or under the existing base content of the file in the same "layer". There is no feature currently in any of our products that will allow you to create separate layers. We might add this in the future, thought I can't provide any additional info at this moment.

Regards,
Stefan

Editorflow
User

Post by Editorflow » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:36 am

...We might add this in the future,...

...it´s "the future" now (the hoverboard proves it) , where´s the Layer function?
We are waiting for it since 2009! :)

No really is there any Chance to get layers implemented? Would be a great solution for our workflow where seperate layers Change quite often.

Cheers,

Flo

Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:32 am

Hello Flo,

Thanks for bringing this topic up.
I see we've discussed the layers feature again after my above forum post, but I am afraid that even now the status is still "planned for a future build" - with no further and more specific information, so while we do plan to have this added at some point - the reality is that currently there are some higher priority tasks that need to be addressed first. As soon as we have anything more specific - we will let you know.

Regards,
Stefan