Saving merge setup for use again

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools Version 4

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

jdj420
User

Saving merge setup for use again

Post by jdj420 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:21 pm

Hello, I am trying to figure out if there is a way to save the settings of a merge (including the documents) so i don't have to add them each time i need to merge the files together. I am currently using a program called pdfsam but my company won't support it.

Currently i merge a bunch of pdf files into one document so they are all grouped as one. Now whenever someone updates any of the documents included in the group i need to recompile the entire group to pick up the new version of the updated document. this happens very often and the only way i have been able to figure out to do it is by going through the wizard and selecting each of the documents every time i need to update the group. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Saving merge setup for use again

Post by Will - Tracker Supp » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:44 pm

Hi jdj420.

Thanks for the post - I'm afraid that there isn't any way to do this with the current release, but in the next version of PDF-Tools, it will be possible to create custom tools that would allow you to do this. We're hoping to release this late autumn/early winter, if all goes smoothly.

HTH!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com

jdj420
User

Post by jdj420 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:00 pm

Will, thank you for the information. I guess I will need to figure out another solution. Thank you.

Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:08 pm

Not a problem, glad to help! :D
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com