White becomes blue?

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools Version 4

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

PdfSnooper
User

White becomes blue?

Post by PdfSnooper » Sun May 29, 2011 10:39 pm

Hi,

I scanned a piece of white paper. And the scanned picture looks white, but when I convert it to a pdf file it has a blueish tinge??

Anyone has an idea how that happens?

Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: White becomes blue?

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan » Mon May 30, 2011 7:53 am

Hello PdfSnooper,

Could it be that you have set up your scanner in colour mode - and it is the scanner that is adding the blueish tingle?
Please try to scan the same page directly to image through your scanners usual interface, and open the image and check whether the blue tint is still there.

Also please check the version of our PDF Tools you are using (Under Preferences -> About) and if it is not 2.5.195 then please update to the latest build and try again.

Best,
Stefan

PdfSnooper
User

Post by PdfSnooper » Mon May 30, 2011 2:27 pm

As i said it doesn't appear to be on the image after it has been scanned, and I need to nip and tuck the image in a paint program before making it into a pdf so can't really scan from the tools.

if an update of the tools will fix the problem, then its a known problem? If not, then an upgrade is not likely to do that.

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Mon May 30, 2011 2:32 pm

With regards the update - please ensure you do have the latest release, its not always obvious if an udpate will or will not resolve an issue a change to the libraries can often have benefical effects on several area's - not just the obvious ones - particuarly when updating image codec's etc - so please update if you are not on the latest 4.0195 release and advise if this helps.

If not - please supply the image alone scanned and saved to a suitable format a PDF of the file after conversion and we can then take a look.

All files posted to the forum must be archived into a zip/.rar or 7z file archive.

If too big to post here - please email and send a link back to this forum message for reference.

Thanks
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com

andrew_weaver_kft
User

Post by andrew_weaver_kft » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:45 am

Unfortunately I have the same issue. The scanned white paper is blueish.
If I scan the page with the scanners' app to PDF, everything is fine, but if I scan it with PDF-XChange Editor, the white page will be blueish.

Is there any fix for this issue? You can check the attachments. My app (PDF-XChange Editor Plus) version is 6.0 Build 318.0 (Sep 13 2016; 15:49:33).
Attachments
PDF-XChange_Editor.pdf
Scanned by PDF-XChange Editor -> blueish
(312.44 KiB) Downloaded 107 times
Epson_Scan.pdf
Scanned by Epson Scan
(243.13 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
Best regards,
András

Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:07 am

Hi András,

Thanks for the post - You're using a slightly older release so, while I suspect that it may not help, please try build 318.1:
http://www.tracker-software.com/PDFXVE6.zip

If that doesn't help, please try scanning specifically with MS Paint. Your scanner's software may be using different drivers than the Editor (e.g. TWAIN instead of WIA), whereas Paint and the Editor use the same drivers (just a different UI). Once done, let me know the results.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.

andrew_weaver_kft
User

Post by andrew_weaver_kft » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:45 am

Hello Will,

You are right! The Paint has the same issue. It seems to me that this is a WIA driver as I am using Windows 10 64 bit.

Do you have any idea how to change the used driver?

Thanks in advance,
András
Best regards,
András

Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:47 am

Hi András,

I suspected that might be the case - TWAIN drivers are typically 32-bit and 64-bit applications cannot use 32-bit drivers. The only option would be to scan using our 32-bit Portable Editor:
https://www.tracker-software.com/PDFXEdit_Portable.zip

I would reccomend also contacting the manufacturer of the scanner and informing them of the issue.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.