TIFF image quality

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's Image-XChange Imaging SDK (only).

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Support Staff, moderators

buchere
User

TIFF image quality

Post by buchere » Wed May 12, 2010 4:10 pm

I am using Image XChange to generate TIFF images and I am not able to adjust the quality of the image. I have tried adjusting the parameters in SetScale, SetBPP, SetDither and SetCompression, but see no changes in the image file.

Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Re: TIFF image quality

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software » Wed May 12, 2010 9:30 pm

Can you say what do you mean with "adjust the quality of the image". If the source image isn't good to begin with, then the TIFF format cannot makes it better than it originally was ;-)
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.

buchere
User

Post by buchere » Fri May 14, 2010 8:04 pm

I am generating the image in my Clarion program, so there is no "original" image. I am adjusting the parameters in SetScale, SetBPP, SetDither and SetCompression.

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Fri May 14, 2010 8:40 pm

When you say there is no original image - can you please clarify as the Clarion default report output is to a windows metafile (WMF - stored as a clarion .tmp file in your temp folder) - or are you literally constructing the output object by object ?
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com