Image-XChange, VB6, and SMTP

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's Image-XChange Imaging SDK (only).

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Chris - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Support Staff, moderators

MattM1121
User

Image-XChange, VB6, and SMTP

Post by MattM1121 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:25 pm

Greetings,

I need to be able to print the body of an incoming email as an image. I would like to use an inprocess DLL - written in VB6 - attached as an SMTP sink on a Windows 2003 server.

Can Image-XChange provide the ability to print from within an inprocess DLL?

Thanks,

-Matt

Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:29 am

Image-XChange has no separate API for printing. What it can do - is to draw image on passed DC. So, if your DLL can provide printer's DC, Image-XChange can draw on it.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.

MattM1121
User

Post by MattM1121 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:06 pm

I apologize for my ignorance here, but what do you mean by "DC"?.
Can you give a quick explination for this?

Thanks
Ivan - Tracker Software wrote:Image-XChange has no separate API for printing. What it can do - is to draw image on passed DC. So, if your DLL can provide printer's DC, Image-XChange can draw on it.

Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:15 pm

May I suggest that you research a little about printing in Windows, perhaps on MSDN - this may help you.

In VB terms, the Printer object has a handle (in the Window API it is the Device Content Handle (DC)). Passing this handle to Image-XChange draws the function - and you can draw the image (print) to this handle.

Hope that helps
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.