Converting MS Office files into PDF in a batch

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Mico Siahaan
User

Converting MS Office files into PDF in a batch

Post by Mico Siahaan »

I want to convert several MS Office files into PDF in a batch. I believe I can use Office2PDF application to do this, bu my problem is: I don't have MS Office installed in my PC and using OpenOffice. For comparison I know NitroPDF can convert MS Office files into PDF without MS Office installed. How can I do it with PDF-XChange? Thanks
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Converting MS Office files into PDF in a batch

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Bisuk Mandiri,

thanks for asking your question. Our products are capable of converting Word documents to PDF if there is some application rendering the file to send to the Printer.

Typically this would be MS Word but it could be anything that can render a Word document, Open Office, Word Pad etc. If you have PDF-XChange 4 Print Driver installed you can still use it to create PDF document that are typically smaller than those created by Open Office natively by simply selecting File --> Print ---> PDF-XChange 4 Print Driver.

A batch process however is another matter and for this the Office2PDF is required as you point out and that does require MS Office to be installed.

I hope that helps.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
Mico Siahaan
User

Post by Mico Siahaan »

Paul - Tracker Supp wrote:Hi Bisuk Mandiri,

thanks for asking your question. Our products are capable of converting Word documents to PDF if there is some application rendering the file to send to the Printer.

Typically this would be MS Word but it could be anything that can render a Word document, Open Office, Word Pad etc. If you have PDF-XChange 4 Print Driver installed you can still use it to create PDF document that are typically smaller than those created by Open Office natively by simply selecting File --> Print ---> PDF-XChange 4 Print Driver.

A batch process however is another matter and for this the Office32PDF is required as you point out and that does require MS Office to be installed.

I hope that helps.
Hi Paul, thanks for the answer. Yes, I can produce PDF documents from Open Office using PDF-XChange as Print Driver. And yes it is true the file size are normally smaller than those created by Open Office. That's what I like about PDF-XChange Print Driver

So any plan to add batch process feature that need no MS Office?

Best regards,
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

HI againBisuk Mandiri,

there are no plans at this point in time to do this. It is not trivial because of the nature of a Virtual Print Driver - something needs to render the document and send it to the printer to ba captured and converted. It is not clear at present how to best do this and there are opther needs that take priority.

Sorry if this is not what you wanted to hear but I think it better to be up front about such things.

regards
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi,

Whilst Paul is 100% right - Office is required to be installed there is and had been a batch processing option provided with both the Standard and PRO versions since the very first release back in 2001 - but Office must be present - albeit it need not be running in the foreground.

If you have the Standard or PRO versions - this is the Icon on your desktop called 'Office2PDF' !
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support