"Save" settings issue

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

DClark
User

"Save" settings issue

Post by DClark »

We have about 85,000 documents to watermark...no big deal. I have the watermarks setup, selected by default, etc...

Problem(s):

1) I have found that any file that has a extra "." period will be truncated at that point for example; "250.M01 Construction Package.PDF" will become "205.pdf" or if there is a "250.M02 Construction package.PDF" only one will be created (overwrite settings).

2) We need to be able to save the file to:
a) either a hard coded directory (I know we can do this option under Path:)
b) %[DocPath]\SubFolder\%[DocName]

For some reason, when trying option b as the file name, the documents are being dumped into "My Documents" regardless of where we point the path. Is there any flexability here? (For some reason, on Windows 7 it goes to C:\My Documents\SubFolder\documentnamehere.pdf).

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Dan
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: "Save" settings issue

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

DClark,

As a solution for a . (dot) in the middle of a filename I think that the following will help
%[DocName].pdf

As for why all files are saved in My Documents I will point this out to the dev guys to investigate.

Stefan
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

about second problem: %[DocPath] can be empty, because not all applications provide path as a part of printed document.
So, better to set the path in the Path field.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
DClark
User

Post by DClark »

I will give the suggestions a try, thanks!

BTW, it isn't just Windows 7 that was not co-operating with the "SubFolder" issue, but we'll try the above mentioned methods. And I was using PDF-XChange Version Pro as my testing application :)

Thanks!

Dan
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Aways trying to help :)

Please let us know of the result

Regards,
Stefan