Not able to create landscape docs in PDF XChange 4.0

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

LindaH
User

Not able to create landscape docs in PDF XChange 4.0

Post by LindaH »

I have recently upgraded to PDF XCHange 4.0.0.147 and PDF XChange Viewer 2.0.0.36.

I am now encountering problems in creating pdf's from landscape docs, this happens as well in excel, powerpoint as mindmanager. When I am in such a landscape formatted doc, go to print and select pdf xchange as a printer, the preview does show a landscape doc. In the pdf xchange printer set up and in the properties landscape is selected, and the preview is ok. However, when the pdf viewer opens the pdf created it shows a portrait page with only part of the document on it, as if the landscape doc was cut of and the rest got pasted onto the portrait document.

Possibly there is a setting somewhere which needs to be corrected but so far I have not been able to find out what's wrong.

Thanks a lot for any help, would be greatly appreciated as I need this feature to create docs for my clients.

Thanks!

Linda
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi Linda,

could you please zip and upload a sampe .doc and PDF so we can advise further. Also please advise the version of MS Office in use.

thanks
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
LindaH
User

Sample files

Post by LindaH »

Hi,

I have uploaded a test doc in ppt and the pdf created. As you will see the pdf created is a portrait doc with the landscape oriented content partially included.

I am using MS Office Professional Edition 2003 v11.0.7969.0 and Mindjet Manager Pro 6 v6.0.643.

It would be great if you could help me find out what is going wrong. I have often created pdf's from landscape docs in Word, Excel, ppt, mindmanager before when I was using PDF XCHange V3 and this never caused any problems.

Thanks.

Linda
Attachments
test-pdf-landscape.zip
(4.35 KiB) Downloaded 146 times
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi Linda,

strange - when I create this file here - there is no problem.

See mine attached. Also note that the sheet size is set to 'Auto' in the SS1.PDF

If the above/attached does not help : can you please zip and supply a screenshot of your printer preferences page 'General'

Hope that helps
Attachments
test-pdf-landscape_JV.zip
Files
(119.02 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
LindaH
User

Post by LindaH »

Yes!! problem solved

The sheet size apparently was set to 'A4' instead of 'Auto' and that seemed to cause the problem.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Have a great day.

Linda
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Excellent - thanks Linda :)

Best regards
Tracker Support