Is there a way to remove all image downsampling?

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

daazor
User

Is there a way to remove all image downsampling?

Post by daazor »

(Not sure if this is the correct forum)

Hello,

I created a document in Word with a logo from a 300-DPI PNG file. No matter what settings I've used to prevent image compression, the logo always comes out blocky in the generated PDF file. I'm guessing it's trying to compress the image. Is there a way to remove ALL compression on the image? Here are things I've tried:

Compression Tab:
Unchecked "Compress Graphics"

Graphics Tab:
All settings are "No Downsampling" and "No Conversion"

Am I missing a setting here?

Your help is very appreciated.
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: Is there a way to remove all image downsampling?

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

1) You are posting in the "PDF-XChange Print Drivers"-forum, so I suppose you are creating your PDF's from Word by printing to the PDF-XChange Standard printer. Normally, you are changing the right settings to avoid compression and/or down-sampling. There is only one setting left in the Paper-tab, at Resolution. By default it is "300 dpi".
Can you verify that ?

2) With the installation of the PDF-XChange Standard printer there is also an option to install add-ins for the Microsoft Office applications to offer additional settings for conversion to PDF. Did you already try these, using the PDF-XChange-tab in Word ?

Kind regards.

Willy
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello,

Beyond Willy's two suggestions here, another piece that may help is changing to the "XPS" printing engine, though usually directly converting with the office toolbar addin (Willy's #2), will still have better results than this.
image.png
Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
daazor
User

Post by daazor »

Thank you both for responding. I'm sorry I didn't reply before, but I was never notified my question had been approved :? .
  • I already have the Resolution setting at 300 dpi
  • I do have the Word add-in toolbar. I have tried this with this add-in and without. Same results
  • I have changed the Driver Mode to XPS. No change

Looks like I'm the only one with this problem...
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello daazor,

Have you tried dragging and dropping your word document over the Editor directly?
This will use a different approach to converting it to PDF, and might give you better results.

Kind regards,
Stefan