Automation or suppression of save as dialog

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

pdtracker
User

Automation or suppression of save as dialog

Post by pdtracker »

How can I create multiple PDF documents. I have in the past (with other PDF writers) been able to automate the production of pdf's bu suppressing the save as dialog box and settng the file name in the registry and running the application from a batch file. I have 2,800 different PDF's to print and I want to use your software because the PDF's produced are much and are viewable much more quickly. Can you advise please. I have just downloaded V4 and not previously achieved this with v3.
Don Schmidt
User

Post by Don Schmidt »

one way to print multiple files would be to combine the files into one file using PDF-Tools and then print the single file.
Don
Vancouver, USA
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

On the Save page of Printer properties you can define the path where document should be stored, and file name of the PDF. File name can be specified using macros. Also you can use Auto Number value for field "When File Exists" to be sure that newly created PDF file will have unique name. And don't forget to uncheck option "Show 'Save As...' Dialog".

HTH
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
pdtracker
User

Post by pdtracker »

Thanks both for your replies. I have found "Suppress Save As" option and am using that with some success.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Ok - good luck.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com