HTML-Background converts text to image?

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Peter2
User

HTML-Background converts text to image?

Post by Peter2 »

Find attached a PDF, created from a HTML-site of Github. Every text which has a grey background it not a text anymore, it is a picture. It starts at the middle of the first page.

Bug or feature or wrong print settings?
ilivalidator.pdf
(184.05 KiB) Downloaded 128 times
PDF-X-Change Pro German
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: HTML-Background converts text to image?

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, Peter2

This is dependant on how the browser handles sending data with a background. Often it is more intensive to send font details with a colored background, than it is to simply convert it to an image. That could be why it is sent to our printer like this.
Please as a test, try printing to another virtual printer, such as "MS print to PDF", and let me know if this works better for you. If it does, please send us a link to the page you are printing and inform us which browser you are printing from, so we can try to reproduce this.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Peter2
User

Post by Peter2 »

My test with IE and FF; PDFXChange and MS PDF:
When I use inside the browser the setting "print with background", then the related area is printed as image.
When there is no background, then there is text

So the issue is not solved and not solvable, but explained ..
PDF-X-Change Pro German
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, Peter2

I wouldnt say it is unsolvable, simply that it cannot be addressed from our end. You do always have the option of running OCR on the document in our Editor afterwards. If you want to have this resolved from the start, you will want to email the support teams for the browser you use most often and ask if they can do anything from their end to send text data which is usable by virtual printers like ours. in these cases

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com