Autodesk Revit and Hyperlinks #2

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Matt Taylor
User

Autodesk Revit and Hyperlinks #2

Post by Matt Taylor »

Hello,
<Creating new topic for visibility. See also viewtopic.php?f=39&t=24642 >

I work for a company that holds a global corporate license for PDF-XChange Pro, and a license for the PDF-XChange Driver API.
We have a set of PDF creation tools for Autodesk Revit (that I wrote) utilising the API.

We cannot create hyperlinked views within the API or UI created PDFs as we can with PDF995 or BlueBeam or Adobe Acrobat.
In the forum post noted above, XPS is mentioned. I note that XPS driver mode is now possible by specifying this in the Properties. This setting doesn't help with this issue.

Questions:
Is creating view hyperlinks within Autodesk Revit currently possible, and how do I do this?
If not, is it on the development road map? If so, then what is the time-frame for its launch?

Thanks,

Matt
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Autodesk Revit and Hyperlinks #2

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, Matt Taylor

My apologies, but as we have no plans to integrate our software with Autodesk, and I do not use it myself, I cannot provide a good answer to your questions. You would likely want to direct them to the Autodesk support team.

If Autodesk supports links to specific views, and has a protocol that windows will recognize is to be directed to it, than you can use that protocol. Typing that protocol along with a document path containing the "desired view" in any "web link item" within our Editor will send the command to windows for interpretation.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Matt Taylor
User

Re: Autodesk Revit and Hyperlinks #2

Post by Matt Taylor »

Hi Daniel,
Thanks for your info. That is a shame. It seems that Bluebeam or something similar may be the way we need to go.

Do any of the APIs support reading the text from a PDF file, and reporting the location of each text item? (If so, it would be possible to create the links programmatically by post-processing the PDF.)

Kind regards,

Matt