Raster, Vector, Text, Oh My...  SOLVED

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

BrianG
User

Raster, Vector, Text, Oh My...

Post by BrianG »

I'm out of my league here so please bare with me while I try to understand how best to meet our customer needs.

The situation is that we do layouts in AutoCAD which we then email to customers for comment/revision as each project progresses. We routinely receive comments questioning why they see boxes around text (rare, but normal with XChange Viewer) or what I describe as an SHX Text properties box (common). Here are two screenshots:

-------

I know this has to with AutoCAD and vector characters and SHX fonts but the thing that I am confused by is that my designers swear that the problem doesn't exist when they print to doPDF but occurs with other pdf printer drivers they've tested (Microsoft to PDF, Adobe, and AutoCad's internal pdf generation options). It's my understanding that the pdf printer driver has no control over this but they are convinced otherwise. Could they be right about doPDF?

Is it worth me pursuing PDF-XChange Lite for creating a pdf file that is an image (like a scan) from AutoCAD?
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Raster, Vector, Text, Oh My...

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Thanks Lev!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
BrianG
User

Re: Raster, Vector, Text, Oh My...

Post by BrianG »

Indeed. Thanks Lev.
Tracker Supp-Stefan