reload registry watermarks

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

agn
User

reload registry watermarks

Post by agn »

Hi :)
is there a possibility to automaticly (per cmd, etc.) reload the watermark items?
we have 550+ users and use watermarks for business letters and have often new watermarks which we would
roll out by adding registry key.
This is functional. The new Watermarks are usable on clients.
But only visible when user go in printer settings and change profile fore and back.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: reload registry watermarks

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello agn,

Any settings in place within the Registry are loaded upon restarting the application. If users are finding that this is not updating in their printer, they likely have the printer still running in the background so it has not reloaded these. You can set the auto-unload time for the Standard printer by launching the "PDFSaver" utility:
image.png
If this setting is enabled, the printer utility will close after being unused for a predefined amount of time. This will force it to reload the changed settings if they are available the next time it starts.

Note that in some managed environments, users may need to log out and back into their account (or wait a few hours) for certain changes to take effect, so it is possible that some users will still not see these updated right away depending on your environment.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
agn
User

Post by agn »

hello and thank you for the quick reply :)

but unfortunattely it doesnt work. I enabled the option and it does not reload the
Watermark Items I added in
"[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange Standard\Printers\PDF-XChange\Profiles\Wasserzeichen\WatermarksItems\Items\"

btw: the Printer named "PDF-XChange" and the Profile named Wasserzeichen

also a uninstall/reinstall procedure does not reload the Watermark items in printer property.
It only updates when i changed the Profile to standard and then changed back.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Agn,

Instead of directly editing the HKLM key, can you try following the steps in this article and see if the process has any effect?
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowle ... ser-system

Also, have you had any of the users finding this issue log out and back in? It is quite possible that the users need to do this for the key change to properly take effect.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
agn
User

Post by agn »

Hi :)
Yes the Multi User Profile is the method i used zu initially install the profile on the Clients.
But there are many changes (e.g. new watermark
items) how do i put these new items on 500+ clients?
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi agn,

does the command

Code: Select all

rundll32 "%ProgramFiles%\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange Standard\drvui.x64.dll",DUI30_Command /InstallProfile:"\\UNC\path\to\MyPrinterSettings.pxpp" /PrinterName:"PDF-XChange Standard" /ForUser /AsDefault
work for you in a single instance? By that I mean if you run that command locally at a command prompt as the target user.

If so all you need to do is create a Group Policy and apply that as a script. You can do it in a per user or per machine context, this example was a "Startup Script" applied to the Machine Configuration:
image.png
Note that the script is on a file share, this profile uses a PDF file as an overlay, so I just refer to that PDF on the network within the profile. Alternatively you could copy any files the profile needs to the target PC.

My point is just that if you have the rundll command working locally, you can just push a script to run it on your 500 machines.

Does that help?
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
agn
User

Post by agn »

yes it works
i actually had deployed the profile with another name instead of overwrite the old one.
With overwriting it just works :)
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

:D