Opening PDF file launches Print dialog

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

jbr613
User

Opening PDF file launches Print dialog

Post by jbr613 »

When I double-click on a PDF file and PDF-Exchange Editor is NOT open, the application launches a print dialog box. I click 'cancel' and then a second dialog box opens. When I click cancel again, the file is displayed as expected.
This behavior does NOT occur if PDF-Exchange Editor is already open.
Any suggestions for fixing this annoyance?
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Opening PDF file launches Print dialog

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello jbr613,

It sounds like this document has a "print" action tied to opening, and as such it automatically opens the print dialog when opening it. My advice to avoid this is to first ensure that our Editor is fully updated (current latest is V8 build 334.0), to ensure that it is not an old bug causing this. After updating, if the issue persists, please confirm if this happens with all files, or only certain ones?

In either case, please send us a copy of at least one document wherein you can reproduce this after updating.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
jbr613
User

Post by jbr613 »

Thanks Daniel.
It turns out that the problem was there were 2 open tabs with files that must have been generating automatic print commands.
Once I closed those tabs, the Print Dialog stopped appearing.

Now that that problem is resolved, I tried to update (Help\Check for Updates), but even though I'm running V6, Build 317.1, I get the response, "No Updates Available. No new updates were found." Should I just download the latest version from your website? Will I have to re-enter my license #?
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hello jbr613,

If you currently have version 6 installed, it is possible that your license has expired, and if memory serves, there was an issue with the updater in build 317.1 which caused it to always believe it was fully up to date.
If you do wish to update, it would be best to check the status of your license first, by signing into your user account. If it is expired, you can either renew it to receive the latest version, or use the download link available on that page to install the latest version that your key is able to cover. Installing manually overtop of the current version will not cause your license key to be removed.

If you have any questions regarding licensing, please send us an email <support@pdf-xchange.com> as we cannot address most license related issues on the public forums.

Kind regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com
jbr613
User

Post by jbr613 »

Thanks Daniel.
Just to be clear - if my license is expired and I update, do I lose full functionality? In other words, do I end up with a Trial version?
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hello jbr613,

If your license is expired and you update to a version beyond its coverage, yes, you would revert to trial mode and the software would run as if there was no license present. If you update to a version covered by your license, even though it is expired, you will see a warning during installation that it is expired, but after installation the software will treat that key as valid, and fully cover all features in that version that you have paid for.

I hope this helps!

Support@pdf-xchange.com
jbr613
User

Post by jbr613 »

Ok. Got it. So if my Exp Date is 6/15/2017, I could install 6.0.322.4, which requires maintenance to 08 May 2017.
See https://www.pdf-xchange.com/versio ... nge-editor.
Sorry for being so careful: I just don't want to be left with a trial version if I update.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hello Jbr613,

No worries, careful is good, and yes, if you maintenance expired on June 15th 2017, the most recent build you could use is 322.4. When in doubt, you can always acquire the exact installer that will work with your license key by using the download button on your account page.

Kind regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com
jbr613
User

Post by jbr613 »

Thanks for all your help - all set now.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

:D

Support@pdf-xchange.com