Uninstall PDF-XChange Lite v8 Virtual Printer  SOLVED

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

lmacri
User

Uninstall PDF-XChange Lite v8 Virtual Printer

Post by lmacri »

I'd like to uninstall the PDF-XChange Lite v8 virtual printer that came bundled with the free version of PDF XChange Editor v8.0.333 since there doesn't seem to be any way to remove the obtrusive "Click to buy NOW!" watermarks at the top of each .PDF document it generates.

Will I remove all traces of PDF-XChange Lite if I choose "Remove Device" for this printer at Settings | Devices | Printers & Scanners on my Win 10 machine? I can't see any entry for this program in Settings | Apps & Features or Control Panel | Programs | Programs & Features that I can use to uninstall this software.
----------
64-bit Win 10 Pro v1903 build 18362.418 * Firefox ESR v68.2.0 * PDF-Change Editor Free v8.0.333
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Uninstall PDF-XChange Lite v8 Virtual Printer  SOLVED

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello lmacri,

If the printer was installed along with another product it cannot be fully removed without removing the base product that installed it. you can certainly use "remove device" for now to take it our of your device listing, and when you later uninstall the Editor the printer will be fully uninstalled along with it.

If you explicitly want to remove the printer from your machine, you will need to uninstall all of our products, then reinstall the ones you would like, and perform a "custom installation" so that you can prevent the lite printer from being installed in the first place.

I hope this helps!
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
lmacri
User

Re: Uninstall PDF-XChange Lite v8 Virtual Printer

Post by lmacri »

Hi Daniel:

Thanks for your prompt response. That answers my question.
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Uninstall PDF-XChange Lite v8 Virtual Printer

Post by Radi - Tracker Supp »

:)