When PDF-printing DOCX files with parenthesis in the filename, underscore is substituted

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

PDFer
User

When PDF-printing DOCX files with parenthesis in the filename, underscore is substituted

Post by PDFer »

When printing DOCX files to PDF, if the DOCX filename has with parenthesis "( )" characters in the filename, the PDF XChange print driver is converting those character to an underscore. The parenthesis characters are legal on PCs, and should not be changed.

The DOCX files (and other files I am dealing with on this system) I am dealing have a consistent naming convention that includes both underscores and parenthesis. Because PDF-XChange Print Driver is not observing this, it is causing me problems.

In the next release, can this please be corrected? All legal characters in the Microsoft filename system should be respected.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: When PDF-printing DOCX files with parenthesis in the filename, underscore is substituted

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello PDFer,

I am unable to reproduce this with the default settings in the printer driver. Is it possible that you have moved, renamed, or otherwise modified the Titrules.js located here?:
C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange Standard

This file contains details on how to handle file renaming, and as it stands, regular brackets are not included in the "bad characters" function, so should never be pruned. In testing here, both with the Office plugin, and the standard printer, I was able to print "test(with brackets) ().docx" and generated a file called "test(with brackets) ().pdf"

Can you verify that your titrules.js file has not be altered in any way since your installation? Also, please check that you are running the current latest build (331).
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com