modification header page printing pdf

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

OCADEX
User

modification header page printing pdf

Post by OCADEX »

Hello
I use pdf xchange pro, and I would like to know if it is possible when creating a pdf page from a web page, if it is possible to modify the line that is in the page header and that indicates the web address of the page on the right part of the document, but which is often incomplete due to lack of space.
I would like to modify the font to fit on one line, either on 2 lines, or from the left of the page.
Thank you for your answer.
Best regards
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: modification header page printing pdf

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi OCADEX,

Thanks for the post - I'm afraid not. The printer cannot control the data that is sent to it by the application that you are printing from. This would need to be edited in the resulting PDF file.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
OCADEX
User

Post by OCADEX »

Hello
Thank you for your answer.
I misspoke, this is not a problem with my printer, but with the virtual pdf xchange printer.
Indeed, when you want to transform a web page into a.pdf file with the standard pdf-xchange virtual printer, you will find at the top of the created document, on the left the title, and on the right the internet address of the page that was used to create the pdf. However, this address is often incomplete because it is too long. I would like to be able to modify the presentation of this address in pdf-xchange..... Is this possible, and if so, how?
Thank you for your answer,
Greetings
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi OCADEX,

Apologies if I wasn't clear enough previously - This isn't something that we add to the document ourselves, but is a piece of information passed to our printer by the application you are printing from (I'm guessing FireFox or Chrome). It's not a header of any kind (headers don't strictly exist in the PDF format) so we can't really distinguish this information and a printer driver can't recognize URL's, so it wouldn't be feasible to do that either. If you print from e.g. MS Edge, you'll notice that this 'header' isn't in the resulting PDF file.

We cannot really start altering information sent to us about a print job, by an application, as it opens us up to all sorts of issues. This is something that's true of a physical print or virtual printer; they essentially operate in mostly the same way, as far as Windows is concerned.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
OCADEX
User

Post by OCADEX »

Hello,
Thank you for your answer, I better understand why I couldn't find the option in the software.
An easy idea for development...
Would it be possible to add in the formatting options of the document header in the printing settings specific to pdfxchange, a line to view the web page used to create the document... this would be a advantage, especially for creating documents from web pages. I know it can be added manually, but it would be easier if it could be done automatically.
Sincerely greetings.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello OCADEX,

In the PDF XChange Standard printing driver there is an option to add headers and footers, and there are several 'macros' that you can add, houwever the web address from which something is being printed is not accessible to the driver itself. This is something only the browser has access to, and does not pass this information to a Printer. So once again - I am afraid what you request in your latest post is also unfortunately not possible!

You should either set your browser to print the 'header' or not print it at all. There's no way for us to do that particular header!

Regards,
Stefan