Different result with different drivers  SOLVED

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Peter2
User

Different result with different drivers

Post by Peter2 »

We have a GIS software which displays elements in different layers (different drawing order = different display order). When printing, we see sometimes different results from different printer drivers. This happens on "real paper" printers and on PDF-devices.

I attached 3 PDF - made from different PDF-devices, but with same content from same software on same PC.
In GIS, there are some lines on the same place: the dashed-lines should be on the lowest level, the continuous-line should be above and should totally cover (hide) the dashed one.

The attached screenshot shows that the Acrobat PDF shows the result correctly - as continuous. The 2 others shows the result as "ugly dashed".

Maybe the GIS gives a wrong output and Acrobat (mis)understood it and the result is correct, or something else ....

Can you see in the file what is happening here and how I can get a correct result with PDF-Xchange?

Thanks, and have a fine weekend.

Peter
Attachments
map_acrobat.pdf
(180.71 KiB) Downloaded 170 times
map_pdfxchange.pdf
(251.69 KiB) Downloaded 171 times
map_microsoft_to_pdf.pdf
(375.44 KiB) Downloaded 180 times
diff_pdf_results.png
PDF-X-Change Pro German
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Different result with different drivers

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the post - Are you printing from our Editor to these printers? Or are you printing from another application? If from our Editor, can we please get a copy of the original document to test here?

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
Peter2
User

Post by Peter2 »

Hi Will

here I use the Editor only to display the PDF and don't print to paper-printer. The attached PDF are created by the GIS software, using different PDF-devices.
PDF-X-Change Pro German
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi Peter,

Thanks for that - Unless I'm missing something, if the issue occurs with multiple printers, including physical printers, this very strongly suggests that the issue is with the GIS software itself and the way that it communicates with them.

Again, unless I'm missing something, you would need to contact them about this.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Peter2
User

Post by Peter2 »

Will - Tracker Supp wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:37 pm ... this very strongly suggests that the issue is with the GIS software itself ...
Yes, I suppose you are right. But the problem is that
a) the GIS software will not be fixed
b) I can not replace Acrobat with XChange when this issue is not "solved". Acrobat creates "right looking" output.

Maybe you can take a look at the inner structure of the PDFs to give me an advice how to configure PDF-XChange?
PDF-X-Change Pro German
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Different result with different drivers  SOLVED

Hi Peter,

I'm afraid that we can't advise here. We can't really ask the development team to investigate an issue with someone else's software, as it would be them would need to look here. It's also worth noting that this isn't an issue of configuration, it's an issue with the software sending different information to different printer drivers (communication issue) If the GIS software is still being supported, your only option is to contact them and advise them of the issue.

Thanks,
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Peter2
User

Post by Peter2 »

Thanks Will.
PDF-X-Change Pro German