PDF-Xchange changes colors after printing from Primavera software

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

maupolot
User

PDF-Xchange changes colors after printing from Primavera software

Post by maupolot »

Hi All,

Unfortunately, I cannot find a help to this issue anywhere. I hope you guys can help me with this weird problem. On daily basis at work I am using Primavera software and building Gantt charts. Very often I use "curtains" which look like that:
Correct Curtains.png
I print those into PDF. I did that in Windows 7 through PDF-Xchange Standard and it was all good. Recently i switched from Windows 7 to Windows 10, installed PDF Xchange V7 and when I try to print the same PDFs from Primavera with PDF-Xchange, it changes colors on those curtains:
InCorrect Curtains.png
I do not believe it is an issue with Primavera as it prints correctly with other printers. Just with PDF-Xchange Standard the colors are different. Does anyone know what could be a cause of change in those colors?

Any ideas are going to be greatly appreciated :-) Thank you!
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: PDF-Xchange changes colors after printing from Primavera software

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello maupolot,

Could you please provide us with details about the version of the Primavera,
which you are using, as well the version of the PDF XChange?

Regards.
maupolot
User

Post by maupolot »

Hello Dimitar,

Primavera version: Primavera P6 Professional R8.3.2 (Build#: 9839).
PDF-Xchange Standard version: 7.0 (Build 328.1)

Before I moved to Windows 10, I had the same version of Primavera. Unfortunately, I do not know what version of PDF-Xchange I had (It was working perfectly before)

Thank You,
maupolot
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello maupolot,

Thank you for confirming that. I should first note that the current release of the Editor is build 328.2, It may be advisable to update to that version and see if the situation improves at all. Beyond that, I cant help but notice that it does not appear it is the colors that are different, but the thickness of the lines.

You also mentioned that other printers handle these correctly, I assume you mean physical printers? Can you verify if another virtual printer, such as the "Microsoft Print to PDF" printer, handles these lines correctly?

Finally, from our PDF-Xchange Standard printer, can you please open the printer properties, and they setting the Driver mode from auto to GDI, and XPS each, for a single print. And let us know if the output is better with either?

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
maupolot
User

Post by maupolot »

I follow the steps and those are the outputs:

- curtains printed in the past on Windows 7 with PDF-Xchange:
Previous print curtains.png
- print with "Microsoft Print to PDF":
Print with 'Microsoft print to PDF'.png
- print with PDF-Xchange on GDI settings:
print with pdf-xchange GDI settings.png
- print with PDF-Xchange on XPS settings:
print with pdf-xchange XPS settings.png
You are right that the issue is with the lines. If curtain is solid color (the far right red one) there is no difference. Output is way better with XPS. Still they all are a little bit different than what it was before moving to Windows 10. The drawback to using XPS is that printed PDFs are 3 times the size compare to GDI... (comparing file sizes with print-puts on Windows 7, I assume I was printing with GDI)
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello maupolot,

Thank you for comparing those. The default setting for out Standard printer is "auto" so it should choose whichever is most suitable, this is most commonly GDI, so it is likely you were using that before. However it is very odd for the file size to be 3x what the original output was. Are you certain that the document itself does not contain more information that it originally did?
If possible, could you send us a copy of each of those four PDF documents? If they contain sensitive information, you can email them to us via support@pdf-xchange.com.com
Please be sure to include a link to this post in the email if you do that.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com