Printing from IE11

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Gdragone
User

Printing from IE11

Post by Gdragone »

I have a user who is having difficulty printing from IE-11. The user is on a windows 10 Machine and is using version 7 build 326.0 of the PDF X-change Editor software. The user is trying to print from the Virginia State Police website an inspection report and usually the user is prompted to save the report and then another prompt appears to open the pdf once the pdf is opened the user can print from PDF-xchange Editor. However currently the user is getting a prompt in the middle of the screen that is asking him if he would like to Open "the file won't be saved automatically", save, or save as. When the user hits Open nothing happens. When the user clicks on save as the save prompt appears but when the user selects the destination folder and clicks save nothing happens. When the user hits the save feature nothing happens either. I have tried reinstalling the Editor and upgrading him from the original version 6 to version 7 and still to no avail the user cannot print from that website. Is there something that we are missing that is preventing this user from printing. I have verified that the user has enable protected mode turned on on his IE-11 and i have gone to File association on the Editor and tried to modify the file association for Viewing PDF files in Internet browser from Do Not Change to Yes.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Printing from IE11

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Gdragone,
Note that in order for the editor to work in conjunction with IE protected mode MUST be turned OFF. Beyond that, if clicking save inside IE results in nothing happening, and clicking on open resulting in no file opening, it sound like it is either a broken link, and IE never starts the download, or that there may be an issue with your IE installation, and not your Editor installation.

Please first verify that this behavior also happens while protected mode is turned off, then check for window updates to see if something Microsoft has done would fix this handling.
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Gdragone
User

Post by Gdragone »

TrackerSupp-Daniel wrote:Hello Gdragone,
Note that in order for the editor to work in conjunction with IE protected mode MUST be turned OFF. Beyond that, if clicking save inside IE results in nothing happening, and clicking on open resulting in no file opening, it sound like it is either a broken link, and IE never starts the download, or that there may be an issue with your IE installation, and not your Editor installation.

Please first verify that this behavior also happens while protected mode is turned off, then check for window updates to see if something Microsoft has done would fix this handling.
Thank you I will try that tomorrow morning and if it works i will let you know. He is only having this issue with two websites he can print PDF's from other websites with no issues.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Okay, I look forward to the results.
As this only happens with two sites, could I also ask for a link to one of these sites, and possibly a link to the file download itself, so that I can test it locally?

Also, can you verify if this happens in any other browsers (Edge, Firefox, Chrome)?
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com