All PDFs populate file name "Untitled"

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

SPT22
User

All PDFs populate file name "Untitled"

Post by SPT22 »

My problem is I just recently had my laptop hard drive reimaged. Now prior to this I would use PDF-Xchange 2012 to change Word documents to pdf and when I did, they would automatically mirror the word document's name when I would create them.

After the reimaging when I create them they create as "Untitled.pdf". I've attempted to change the save settings in printer preferences and nothing happens. I've upgraded to PDF-Xchange standard V6 and the same thing is happening. I’ve tried the print option and the add in using Word and Excel and get the same results. I’ve tried different macros for the file name, i.e. “date” and still get Untitled.

I would like the pdf to automatically save as the Word document name as this saves me time and prevents errors.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: All PDFs populate file name "Untitled"

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Please follow the below instructions to full clean out any possible saved settings between installations, and reinstall the software fresh:
This method has a few extra steps beyond uninstalling, so please follow them closely, and be sure to Restart the computer at every point it is detailed, this is crucial to the process working.
  1. Please go to: Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features in your system and uninstall everything that is published by Tracker Software Products
    Once this is complete, please restart your computer.
    Once restarted, please go to regedit.exe built into every windows computer. Find it by typing "regedit.exe" in search bar of your start menu.
    Please delete the following registry entries. Only the "Tracker Software" folder and all its sub-folders. **Be extremely careful as a mistake could render your computer useless**
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Tracker Software
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tracker Software
    You can now close Regedit.
    Please make sure there are no Tracker Software folders here: C:\Program Files.
    If so, please delete it.
    Restart your computer.
    Now install the software:
1. Please run the appropriate installer:
Editor or Editor plus users: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/PDFXVE7.zip
PDF-XChange PRO users: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/PDFXPro7.zip
**note: These are the most recent installers, depending on your license key you may need to use an older installer, please log in to your account for the appropriate installer in that case.**

2. When asked by the installer, please choose PRO version, then, copy/paste your serial key into the field provided. Be sure to use CTRL+V to paste the key
3. Now complete the installation and restart your PC.
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com