Remove part of the Filename when printing as PDF

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

NSE
User

Remove part of the Filename when printing as PDF

Post by NSE »

Dear Forum

I'm currently trying to print files as PDF with the PDF XChange Lite. Because of a setting in an other Software, every pdf i try to print gets a "Printing" added to his name.

As example:
- original filename - "20180316-TS100-J100-R00"
- when printed with XChange Lite or any other PDF Software, when the "save as" window opens, the name changes to "Printing 20180316-TS100-J100-R00"

i'm trying now to figure out if there's a parameter/setting, that will automatically remove the "Printing "
Unfortunately I can not change any settings in the other software.

Currently installed PDF XChange Lite V7.0 Build 324.2 and PDF XChange Editor 7.0.232.1

Many thanks in advance!
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Remove part of the Filename when printing as PDF

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello NSE,

Please take a look at the Lite printing driver's installation folder (by default that should be C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange Lite).
Inside you should find a titrules.js file - which applies some logic to the name of the file as received from the printing application and applies some string manipulations to that - so that the resulting "filename" offered is more readable. With modifications to that file you should be able to filter the "Printing " start of the file name, however I am myself unable to help with the exact code that will do this.

Regards,
Stefan
NSE
User

Post by NSE »

Hello Stefan

Thanks, for your advice, as I discovered once before i need to learn to code :?
Atleast i know the location now where i can make settings.

Many thanks!

Regards

Matthias
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Matthias,

Glad I could point you in the right direction!

Cheers,
Stefan