Several problems with PDF-XChange Lite v. 7

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

RobertG
User

Several problems with PDF-XChange Lite v. 7

Post by RobertG »

Hello! I'm a long time user and fan of the PDF-XChange Editor software, but have just recently installed the "Lite" printer driver to try it out. Unfortunately, I'm experiencing at least two unexplained malfunctions with it, involving features which are important to me:

Specs
  • PDF-XChange Lite (Home version)
    v 7.0 (Build 324.3)
  • Windows 10 Home [v 1709, Build 16299.248]
Problems

1)
Under Printing Preferences -> Document Info, I have checked "Ask for Document Information on Printing Start" (in fact, all three boxes in this section are checked). Although the resulting document will include metadata that I have manually added in the Preference dialog fields beforehand, I am NEVER asked for document metadata before printing.

2)
Under the Printing Preferences -> Save tab, I had used the Macro feature to build a file name which includes the date and time. The filename example shows a resulting title like "Document_2018-03-01-112510.pdf", which is what I'd like.
However, when printing, this extra information is NEVER included in the prospective filename. The save dialog will always show only the regular document name (i.e., "Document.pdf") and nothing else. This applies regardless of the document source, e.g., web page, word processor, plain text file, etc.

I would really love to get these features working. If I can't then there is really very little extra utility afforded to me by the PDF-XChange driver that I don't already get with Microsoft's built-in "Print to PDF" driver.

BTW, one miscellaneous suggestion: it would be very convenient if there was a way for the print driver to (optionally) remember/persist changes to settings made while accessing the Preferences dialog from within a print job. Any changes made here will be lost the next time the driver is used in a different print job. I've found that the only way to persist changes globally is when accessing preferences from the Windows printer management screen, when XChange Lite's dialog then appears with an "Apply" button. This is a bit counterintuitive to the way most other print drivers work.

Thank you very kindly for any assistance.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Several problems with PDF-XChange Lite v. 7

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello RobertG,

Thanks for your post and detailed report!

We are aware of the second problem you reported - and we have a ticket on that already:
4046 Standard/Lite 322.7: All macro parameters after %[DocName] or %[AppName] are ignored.

As for the first trouble - I see the same behaviour as you - so I am creating a ticket for it as well.

Regards,
Stefan
RobertG
User

Post by RobertG »

It's great to know these issues are being addressed, Stefan. I look forward to using these features after future updates.

Thank you for the prompt reply!
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hopefully we can fix them soon! We will keep you posted! :)
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com