Two printers

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

DrTeeth
User

Two printers

Post by DrTeeth »

Hi,

Since installing v7 of PDF-XChange Editor, I have two of your printers in the box where I can choose printers. I have PDF-XChange Lite v6 and PDF-XChange Lite. Both of these do not appear in the devices and printers off the start menu. I would like to get rid of the v6 one. I have 6 printers installed and need to keep the list as small as possible.

I tried editing the registry, but broke more than I fixed so I wonder if you could tell me which key(s) to remove.

Cheers

DrT
Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Two printers

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello DrTeeth,

Can you please check in the "Apps & Features" list (the add/remove programs successor) - and see if you see both entries separately?
Maybe you will be able to uninstall the V6 entry from there?

Regards,
Stefan
DrTeeth
User

Post by DrTeeth »

Hi Stefan,

I have already checked that and there are no listings at all in add/remove (or whatever they call it this week) for any of your printers. I am running Win 8.1 x64.

Cheers

DrT
Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello DRteeth,
Ive managed to reproduce this here and can now demonstrate how to fix it.

Ill be using windows 10 though, it Should be a similar process.

1. Open Printers and scanners,(Press windows key, type printer, it should be the top of the list)
2. You will be presented with this screen: select the printer in question and click manage
3. there will likely be multiple entries for the one printer:
4. click Printing preferences, and open the About tab, for each printer.
Choose one of the ones that says Version 7, build 324.2 and remember its name:
5. Close out of the About screen and Click Hardware properties>Settings>Devices and Printers Folder
6. RIght-Click the Printer in question and go to Delete Print queue:
7. Finally, delete the extra Queue's.
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

This seems to happen with the way windows 8-10 handle new device drivers, instead of properly updating them they hold on to the rollback versions in a more accessible location, meaning they do not always disappear after an update like our last one.
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
DrTeeth
User

Post by DrTeeth »

Hi,

Deleting the print queue did it! I have to say that Win 10 is so different to Win 8.1, at least the way I have configured it to look like Win 7, some people may get stuck. In Win 8 I just used "Devices and Printers" on the Start menu and then right-clicked the only PDF XChange printer to access the print queues.

Cheers

DrT
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Glad to hear you found a solution DrT!

Cheers,
Stefan