Microsoft Project - Printer Connection isn't Working

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

whatname
User

Microsoft Project - Printer Connection isn't Working

Post by whatname »

Since upgrading to V7, I've had a problem printing a PDF from Microsoft Project 2013. When I select the PDF-Xchange Standard printer and press the Print button, nothing happens. A message appears in the print preview area that says "The printer connection isn't working. Check your printer connections, and then try again." I get the same message in a dialog popup if I try to do a Save As.. operation and select PDF. Printing PDFs worked fine from this program before I upgraded.

I should note that printing and saving of PDFs works from Microsoft Word and Excel, though those are the 2010 versions of those 2 programs.
whatname
User

Re: Microsoft Project - Printer Connection isn't Working

Post by whatname »

So I weirdly got it to work by going into the printer properties and changing the paper size. When I did that the print preview worked, though on a paper size I didn't want. I went back in and changed it to the correct paper size, and was then able to generate the PDF.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Microsoft Project - Printer Connection isn't Working

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello whatname,

Glad to hear it's working now.
What is the paper size that you need?

Regards,
Stefan