Underlining missing  SOLVED

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

blm b.v.
User

Underlining missing

Post by blm b.v. »

Windows Server 2012 R2
VMWare ESX
PDF Xchange Pro7
Printing from Unit 4 Audition 15.1.0 (build 720)

We recently updated PDF Change PRO from version 2012 to V7. The new version fails to print underlining in columns when printing an annual report. When using a different pdf printer, the problem does not occur. Do not mind the highlighting in black, I did those myself. It's only about the underlining.

- Report_10285 audition page.pdf is the file with alternative pdf printer
- Report_10285 pdf xchange page.pdf is the file that shows missing underlining

What may be important as wel is the fact that the same problem occurs when
1 produce pdf with alternate pdf printer
2 open the pdf file that we just printed and stored in a location
3 i've established that the underlining was okay in the pdf that was just created
4 print the same page from the file we just opened with the correct underlining, but now use pdf xhange printer and store on a new location
5 open the last file and again, the underlining is missing although it was printed form a pdf that showed the correct underling.

It look likes some sort of layering is not picked up by pdf xchange.

Are there any settings to change that will solve the problem?

Thank you.
Attachments
Report_10285 audition page.pdf
(146.39 KiB) Downloaded 136 times
Report_10285 pdf xchange page.pdf
(236.47 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: Underlining missing

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Hello,

Can you please post the PDF that you have mentioned in point 2 ? By this, I mean the original file produced by novaPDF ?

The PDF that you have attached, called "Report_10285 audition page.pdf", seems to be generated from within Word 2013 and just contains a "print screen" of what you see after printing to novaPDF.

Thanks.
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello blm b.v.,
Thank you for posting these files so that we could compare. I see that towards the bottom under both "1.200" there are no lines when using Standard.

Because the second example was created in Word, I can only assume that the original document is a word file. Could you post that here, or send it to me at support@pdf-xchange.com.

Please also specify if you used the toolbar add-in or the File> Print method.

Finally, if using file Print, please choose Print Properties. There, please let us know if you are using the GDI, XLS or if it is in auto Driver Mode. If not set as such already, please try XPS.

Thank you!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
blm b.v.
User

Post by blm b.v. »

Willy Van Nuffel wrote:Hello,

Can you please post the PDF that you have mentioned in point 2 ? By this, I mean the original file produced by novaPDF ?

The PDF that you have attached, called "Report_10285 audition page.pdf", seems to be generated from within Word 2013 and just contains a "print screen" of what you see after printing to novaPDF.

Thanks.
Dear Willy,

Patrick's post helped me by changing the driver setting to XPS. Now it seems to be working!

Thank you for your help!
Kind regards
Koen Moonen
Last edited by blm b.v. on Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
blm b.v.
User

Re: Underlining missing  SOLVED

Post by blm b.v. »

Patrick-Tracker Supp wrote:Hello blm b.v.,
Thank you for posting these files so that we could compare. I see that towards the bottom under both "1.200" there are no lines when using Standard.

Because the second example was created in Word, I can only assume that the original document is a word file. Could you post that here, or send it to me at support@pdf-xchange.com.

Please also specify if you used the toolbar add-in or the File> Print method.

Finally, if using file Print, please choose Print Properties. There, please let us know if you are using the GDI, XLS or if it is in auto Driver Mode. If not set as such already, please try XPS.

Thank you!
Thank you for your response. I'll try to be clearer.

I am using the Unit 4 Audition Software (to make annual reports). To print documents from this software to pdf, I use the file/print option. Then select the pdf software i like. The nova software is embedded in unit 4 Audtion and pre-installed. PDF Xchange is installed separately on a server client . The pdf's attached in my first post are both directly printed from Unit4 Audition. Yet, they show these differences. When choosing the printer in the file/print environment I cannot influence the settings of the pdf printer.

In order to find out whether the problem lies with Unit4 Audition or with PDF Xchange, I thought it would be good to see what happens when I create a new pdf with pdf Xchange, from the pdf that was created directly from Unit4 Audition with the NOVA printer. When printing from the original pdf (created with nova directly from Unit4 Audition) to a new pdf using pdf xchange, the lines also disappear. This leads me to believe that the settings in PDF Xchange are not correct.

The driver mode is set on "Auto (GDI)"

I tried the XPS setting and that seems to be working!!!

Great! Thank you.

Kind regards
Koen Moonen
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Koen Moonen,

Glad to hear that the XPS option worked!

Cheers,
Stefan