PDF-XChange - Tracker PDF Viewer - TIFF-XChange - Image-XChange - XMF-XChange - Raster-XChange - Support

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

BigMike
User
Topic Author

Setup doesn't respect previous installation directory on update

Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:26 pm

Hi there,

I'm using the ZIP-Package of PDF-XChange Pro. When doing an Update of my current installation, the Setup recognizes the installed components correctly, but not a changed installation directory.
The update will install the new files to the default location, if I don't change it manually.
Could you please change this, that an update will also install to the same customized path by default, as PDF Viewer setup does?

Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Setup doesn't respect previous installation directory on update

Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:40 pm

Hello Big Mike,

Thank you for the post. Could you please let us know from what version and build you are updating? Please also specify the installer you originally used for this build, as well as your windows version.

Thank you!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America

BigMike
User
Topic Author

Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:02 pm

Hi,
I'm always using the ZIP Installer Package.
Today, I've updated from build 322.3 to build 322.5. But this happened with all updates until now.
I'm using Windows 10 1703, x64.

I've installed the Tracker products to C:\Program Files\Office\Tracker Software\...
at every update, the new installation path is again C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\... an I'll have to change it again.

Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:30 am

Hi Big Mike,

Thank you for reporting this. I will discuss this with the development team and see if the installers can be modified such that any custom install path is noticed and respected.

Cheers!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America