Install 2nd & 3rd Print Driver

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

joshhuggins
User

Install 2nd & 3rd Print Driver

Post by joshhuggins »

Hi all,

I have PDF XChange Pro 6.0.322.2 and I am wanting to create a 2nd and 3rd instance of the PDF Printer. What would be the correct way to do this? I tried manually adding it via devices and printers but their is no driver listed for it. I know we used to be able to rename the printer, reinstall PDF-X Pro and it would add an additional printer. I can't seem to make this work now as the installer wants to change or repair the install, both which do not create another instance of the printer. Thanks for any tips or tricks!

EDIT: Was able to get the installer to add an additional copy by running the Tracker Updater and installing an update again. Would be nice if there was a more direct way to do this though.
Thanks!
Josh Huggins
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Install 2nd & 3rd Print Driver

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello and thank you for your post!

There is a more direct option via command line by running the installer and identifying an alternate name. You will find more details here: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowle ... ge-Printer

I hope this helps!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America