PDF XChange setup routing

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

BigMike
User

PDF XChange setup routing

Post by BigMike »

Hi,

I've noticed, that your installers behave differently when updating an existing installation.

I'm just using PDF XChange Viewer as viewer application for PDF documents and its installer is quite fine. If I'm updating an older installation, all settings will be remembered (selected components, installation directory, choices about creating groups and and being the default application for PDF documents).
The installer for PDF XChange Pro behaves differently. If I'm updating, while the selected components are remembered, I'll have to reset the target directory and also the settings for default PDF viewer and default printer.

Also the "Vault" is always installed to the default directory, in one of the two installers, while the other one uses the alternatively specified installation directory.

It would be nice, if the last used settings would be also remembered in PDF XChange Pro setup.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: PDF XChange setup routing

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Thanks for comments Mike - we are investigating
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com