multiple printers in v6 / win 10

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Krista1980
User

multiple printers in v6 / win 10

Post by Krista1980 »

Hi,

I hope I chose the right section!

I am using windows 10 and downloaded the latest version of pdf exchange pro (6).

I used to be able to install multiple printers in version 5, by renaming the installed printer and then running the installation file again. With the new version, it won't let me do this. Instead, after renaming the printer and running the installation file, it simply asks me if I want to repair or uninstall the previous installation.

Any ideas what is going wrong?

Thank you and kind regards,

Krista
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Re: multiple printers in v6 / win 10

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

Instead of running installer again, you need to use command:

Code: Select all

"c:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange 6\pdfSaver6.exe" /AddPrinter "Your Printer Name"
More details you can find in our KB article: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowled ... ge-Printer

HTH
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
Krista1980
User

Post by Krista1980 »

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for your reply! I will try that.

Kind regards,
Krista
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »