Difference Lite, Lite Free, Standard?

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

mattad
User

Difference Lite, Lite Free, Standard?

Post by mattad »

When I look at all the products on the download page at
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/product/downloads

then I am a bit confused.

What are the differences between

PDF-XChange Lite and PDF-XChange Lite Free and PDF-XChange Standard

All 3 seems to me are printer drivers (only).

Is there a side-by-side feature comparison table?

Can I (un)install the printer drivers (later) separately from e.g. PDF XChange Editor?

Matt
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: Difference Lite, Lite Free, Standard?

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

All three of them are (or include) indeed (virtual) printer drivers.
Thanks to these drivers, it is possible to create PDF's from whatever Windows application that has a File > Print option.

By printing to a PDF-XChange printer, a PDF file is created (instead of printing the output to paper).

The main difference between PDF-XChange Lite printer and PDF-XChange Lite Free printer, is the kind of license.
The Free version is only for NON-commercial use. So, for the Free version you do not need a license key.

The difference between the Lite and the Standard version, is the fact that the Standard version has a lot more options when converting a file to a PDF (see attached print screens), and that you need a (payed) license for this. If you do not have a license, then commercial stamps will be add on every page of the newly created PDF.

Included with the Standard version, are add-ins for Microsoft Office applications like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ...
These add-ins are offering features like converting Word Headings into PDF-Bookmarks and keeping every kind of hyperlink working in the resulting PDF. Also included is the Office2PDF tool, that makes that you can drop an Office file in a specific folder, and automatically create a PDF from it.

In the upper right corner of the PDF-XChange Products download page, you have a link to "Compare PDF-XChange Products ...".
When you click, you will arrive on the following page for more information:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/pdf-xch ... ison-chart

I hope this helps ...
Attachments
PDF-XChange printers.zip
(276.42 KiB) Downloaded 188 times
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Difference Lite, Lite Free, Standard?

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Thanks for the posts guys - Willy's hit the nail on the head there, but if you have any further questions, let us know :)
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com