Mulitiple installs of the PDF-XChange Printer 2012  SOLVED

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

evdbogaard
User

Mulitiple installs of the PDF-XChange Printer 2012

Post by evdbogaard »

I use to have multiple installs of the PDFX5 printer driver and named them like "PDFX Copy", "PDFX Blanc", "PDFX Letterhead", etc., all with different settings (like a watermark "Copy", etc.)

After updating to the latest version of PDF-XChange Pro (5.5.315.0) those printers have disappeared and are replaced by one printer "PDF-XChange Printer 2012".
I can't get them back by renaming this printer and installing again. With previous versions that used to keep the renamed version and added a new version of "Printer 2012".

Am I missing something?

Is there a possibility to change the profile for the printer driver using VBA for Word (from within Word)?

Kind regards,
Ed
Ed van den Bogaard
Happy PDF-XChange PRO user since 2008 (version 4)
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Mulitiple installs of the PDF-XChange Printer 2012

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Ed,

Thanks for the post - I'd recommend taking a look at our online help, as all of the necessary command line options to add new printers are listed here:
https://help.pdf-xchange.com/EUM/de ... inter_2012

As for selecting the profile via VBA, I don't believe that this is possible at the moment. I'll ask the Dev. if any command line options for profile management exist and, if not, whether they can be added - that should allow you to access them via VBA.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
evdbogaard
User

Post by evdbogaard »

Hi Will,

Problem solved!

Thanks,
Ed
Ed van den Bogaard
Happy PDF-XChange PRO user since 2008 (version 4)
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

:)