PDF-XChange 2012 Pro MSI/MST Deployment -> No Printer etc.  SOLVED

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

FRiFt
User

PDF-XChange 2012 Pro MSI/MST Deployment -> No Printer etc.

Post by FRiFt »

Hello Tracker Team,

im currently testing the new Version of PDF-Xchange Pro 2012 x64 (we have a 100 user license) and ran into deployment issues.
Deployment target is Win7/x64.
I read the Knowledge Base which describes how to create MSI-Transforms and followed the guide percisely.(btw thanks for the guide!)

My Problems:
With or without the ADDLOCAL row in the MST, no Printer is installed, although it shows installed when i want to modify the installation through windows->add/remove programs.
After the first attempt i added the row:
ADDLOCAL
with the value
F_Drivers, F_Help_Drv, F_Langs_Drv, F_Wizarda, F_Help_Wiz, F_Langs_Wiz, F_Office2PDF, F_OfficeAddin, F_IEAddin, F_Viewer, F_VLangs, F_Plugins, F_Plugin_SP, F_FileOpenPlugin, F_ReadOutLoudPlugin, F_OCRPlugin, F_OptimizerPlugin, F_BookmarksPlugin, F_PDFAPlugin, F_BrowserPlugins, F_IEPlugin, F_NPPlugin, F_ShellEx
which made no difference ;(

Currently the install seems to work fine with all options installed but there is no printer installed and the pdf-exchange editor is not the default viewer and i cant find anything else to add/change to the MST that would make it work.

Please help.

Best regards!
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: PDF-XChange 2012 Pro MSI/MST Deployment -> No Printer et

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello FRiFt,

Thanks for the report - this is a known issue in the current build and we have a ticket for this:
#3239: PDF-XChange Pro 315: The .msi installer (PDFXC5Pro_x64.msi) disables/removes the printer
Can you please try installing the printing drivers separately from the standard package .msi - this should work correctly and be a workaround while we fix the issue in the Pro package.

Regards,
Stefan
FRiFt
User

Post by FRiFt »

Thank you very much for the quick response, ill try the workaround.
Is it also known that the current setup is in czech or is that something new? Never had that before with the installers.

Best regards!
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello FRiFt,

We have a custom Czech build - so maybe you didn't download the correct package?
Also - are you trying to specify a custom install language (you've only listed the ADDLOCAL entries in the original post and not the others you could be using)?

Regards,
Stefan
FRiFt
User

Post by FRiFt »

Well i didnt intend to download a czech package, i went to download and chose the 64bit msi for PDF-Xchange Pro 2012.
In my MST i did set all the Language *DEFLANGID to 1031(which should be german according to the knowledgebase) and the EDITOR_LANGUAGE to de-DE.
Everything is actually in german, only the installer shows itself in czech language and only if i deploy it, but not when i run the package locally.
i know it seems out of place here, but we also have the problem, that PDF-Editor isnt registered as default application after installation and the Printer also is not the default printer... I have to manually set the Printer as default and start the Editor and set it from there, although SET_AS_DEFAULT, SET_PRINTER_AS_DEFAULT and VIEW_IN_BROWSERS all are set to 1 by default.
maybe its because we replace V4 with the current version? or is the value 1 not correct?

Edit: Btw i made another package based on 313.1 which installed with the printer perfectly, thanks for this advice.. the other problems still persist.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi FRiFt,

Thanks for the post - can you please advise on the deployment method that you're using?

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

Updated Pro MSI installers available for downloading.
Issue with removing printer during upgrade is resolved.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
FRiFt
User

Post by FRiFt »

@Ivan
Thanks very much!

@Will

MS Active Directory-> Computer based GPO->Softwareinstallation.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

:)