V5 Print Driver Will Not Install / Windows XP SP3

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

yeakey automation inc
User

V5 Print Driver Will Not Install / Windows XP SP3

Post by yeakey automation inc »

I have purchased PDF-XChange Editor and Installed PDF-XChange Lite. The print driver will not install. Error message " Operation Can Not Be Completed" happens after answering Yes to install printer as default. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling numerous times to no avail. However, I installed version 4 pro as an experiment and all was well. I would consider upgrading to pro if the price was right.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: V5 Print Driver Will Not Install / Windows XP SP3

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi yeakey automation inc,

Thanks for the post - I've just tested here, on Windows 8.1 and XP SP3 and have had no problems with this.

Can you please send a screen-shot of the error message that you are receiving? Also, can you please make sure that you have all of the latest XP updates installed, as the machine that I used is fully updated.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
yeakey automation inc
User

Post by yeakey automation inc »

Hi Will,

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, computer is current with updates. I already have hours into this and I can see where its going. It looks like other customers have had this same problem or similar. As far as the error code, its just what I said. No numbers or anything, just a small box. I downloaded PDF-XChange Standard. It works, so I purchased a license for it.

Thanks, Dave
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Dave,

If you're happy with that solution, then I'll say no more for now. If you continue to see the issue with Standard, would like to continue the investigation or if other users experience the same issue, we will obviously continue to investigate.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com