Problems when using Windows 10

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Fips
User

Problems when using Windows 10

Post by Fips »

Hello,
I have upgraded my system from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and after that PDF XChange Printer 2012 (Lite) stopped working. (I made a clean installation of Windows, so I completely reinstalled PDF XChange Lite too).
To sum it up: It does not open the Safe-As-dialog.

What does not work:
- Printing from some desktop applications. (I think it happens when applications use the windows standard printing interface)
> Error Message when printing from Notepad: The E/A-process has been aborted because of the end of a thread or an application requirement.
> Error message when printing using Firefox or Komodo Edit: An error has occured.
> Error message using Paint: The print job could not be started

What works:
- Opening the dialog "Settings" when clicking on "Printer settings" in an application.
- Installing and registration as default printer.
> Printing from apps (I tried Onenote, Edge)
> Printing from some desktop applications (e.g. eM Client)

Is there a fix or will there be one?
Thank you very much and keep up the great work :)
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Problems when using Windows 10

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello Fips,

Thanks for the post. As Microsoft is rolling out the windows 10 updates in stages, none of us here have received the live release for our workstations. I do have it on my personal laptop, though. I will test the Lite printer when I get home from the office today and post back here in the morning. If you have not heard from me by then, please do email me at support@pdf-xchange.com.

We do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and thank you for your patience in this matter.

Cheers!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello Fips,

Thanks for the post and for your patience. I installed windows 10 on my work PC last night. All seems to be working as it should. I have tested Lite in the apps you described, and all works well. Could you please send me the temp files (if generated). See the link below on how to create tmp files:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowled ... e-an-issue

Thanks!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

Can you send us screenshot of original error message when you print from Notepad ?
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
Roman - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Roman - Tracker Supp »

Hello Fips,

As a preliminary steps, could you please do the following:
  • Make a screenshot of the error message when printing from Notepad.
    Check if the notepad main window is responsive (try to enter some text there) while the error message is displayed.
    Run Event Viewer (Control Panel->Administrative Tools) and check for relevant error or warning events (i.e. which coincide in time with the failed printing).
Send us the results.