Printing from Excel 2010 to PDF xchange driver without user

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

psptcons
User

Printing from Excel 2010 to PDF xchange driver without user

Post by psptcons »

We use a version 4 (Build 214.2) PDF Xchange driver. I have not been able to suppress the SAVE pop-up box by unchecking the show "Save as .." Dialog box in printing preferences.
What is the proper way to suppress any user input when printing from Excel and save the PDF to a preset location?

Peter
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Printing from Excel 2010 to PDF xchange driver without u

Post by Radi - Tracker Supp »

Hello Peter,

Welcome to the forum!

Please go to Devices and Printers, right click on your PDF-XChange 4.0 printer and select Printing Preferences.
Once there to go the Save tab. You can find all options related to saving the printed PDF from any program here.
If you do not wish to be asked every time where you'd like to save you file - just remove the "Show save as dialog" tick and write a path where your files should be saved.
Please refer to the attached screenshot.

Regards,
Radi
Attachments
Save.zip
(66.63 KiB) Downloaded 135 times
psptcons
User

Post by psptcons »

Radi:

I already did that before I posted and I thoiught I attached a print screen in jpg, but did not realize, that it does not accept JPG's. Tried it with a png file (as you sent back to me), but it still says "The extension png is not allowed!" What's going on?

Peter
psptcons
User

Post by psptcons »

Radi:

Just realized that you zipped it. Here is the ZIP

Peter
Attachments
pdf_xchange.zip
(121.33 KiB) Downloaded 190 times
Last edited by psptcons on Fri May 22, 2015 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Radi - Tracker Supp »

Hello Peter

Thank you for the post.

Please take a look at the screenshot I've just made. Look at the "Job management" option, in your screenshot the option "Use PDF saver for job management" is selected. Click the drop down menu and change it to "Save generated PDF file" and the options below will become available.
Try setting them up and then print again.

Regards,
Radi
Attachments
PDF_Xchange.rar
(55.71 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
psptcons
User

Post by psptcons »

pdf_xchange.zip
(117.06 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
Radi:

I think we are getting closer. As it looks to me, the printer driver does exactly what you would expect it to do if you print a word document. No questions on saving and it saves it to the preset location (See printscreen attached).

When I use our automated spreadsheet, a macro will initiate the printer:

Application.ActivePrinter = "XYZ on Ne02:"
ExecuteExcel4Macro "PRINT(1,,,1,,,,,,,,2,""XYZ on Ne02:"",,,,FALSE)"

I did not create this spreadsheet, so I don't know anything about the hidden ExecuteExcel4Macro. Is this macro command related to PDF Xchange ?

Peter
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello Peter,

Thanks for the post. I am not familiar with that macro. Could you please try printing without the macro (e.g. File-->Print, or using the toolbar adding)?

Thanks!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
psptcons
User

Post by psptcons »

Patrick:

I tried that too: PDF xchange is the default printer. I print to it with the Excel selection "Print active sheets" .
If it is a single worksheet or 2 out of the 11 in the workbook, it will not ask for a save as. When I select 3 or more, it always asks for a save as.
Even more interesting is, that when I get to that point, I can not print 2 worksheets together without getting the save as box. I can then go back to 1 sheet and it will work for that ..
It looks to me that it has something to do with the amount of data.

Interestingly enough is, that when we had this spreadsheet on our server, it worked with this macro printing 11 sheets in one printing process. It is currently running on my laptop to develop some additional features.

Peter
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi Peter,

Thank you for the information. Intriguing. I have tested a workbook with 3 sheets on both office 2013 and 2010. Could you please download it and let me know if you encounter the same issue with that Spreadsheet?

https://www.pdf-xchange.com/Feb-201 ... kbook.xlsx

Could you please post the file you are experiencing this issue with? Even if this is not document specific, I would like to make sure we are testing using the same document.

Please do note that PDF-XChange 4 has been discontinued and replaced by PDF-XChange Standard 2012. Currently version 5.5 build 312.1. That being said, both are working as expected in all my tests here. You can download and install the latest PDF-XChange Standard here:

https://www.pdf-xchange.com/PDFX5SA.zip

It will not overwrite PDF-XChange 4, you can have both installed in parallel.

Cheers!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
psptcons
User

Post by psptcons »

Patrick:

No problem with your spreadsheet. I can send you one of mine for testing. Are uploaded files visib to (can be downloaded by) all Board users?

Our PDF xchange licenses are handled by corporate, so we should usually not interfere with their installation.

Peter
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hello Peter,

Thanks for the post. Uploads are available to download by all board members. If the File contains sensitive information, you can email it to support@pdf-xchange.com with a link back to this topic.

HTH!
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest