Attachment as ZIP turned OFF. Still attaches PDF as a ZIP.

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

jmasotti
User

Attachment as ZIP turned OFF. Still attaches PDF as a ZIP.

Post by jmasotti »

I set the printing preferences so that attachments are NOT put into a ZIP file, but the e-mail still has a ZIP attachment instead of a PDF attachment.

PDF XChange 5.5312.1
Win7 Pro/64
Outlook 2013
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Attachment as ZIP turned OFF. Still attaches PDF as a Z

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi jmasotti,

Thanks for the post - I'm also using Win7 Professional, 64-bit and Outlook 2013 and wasn't able to reproduce this.

Are you setting the option, in the Printer, to send the email after creation, or using the Send By Email feature of the Editor?

Also, please check to see that there isn't a setting in Outlook that is causing this to happen.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
jmasotti
User

Post by jmasotti »

The printing preferences are set to open the e-mail client, and send the attachment from within Outlook 2013 (in this case.)

Send file as ZIP is turned off.

Oddly, shortly after I posted the original question here, the attachments started showing up as PDF's for a while, but now they are back to ZIP files, which are being rejected by recipient e-mail servers.

I can't find any setting in Outlook 2013 that would automatically 'ZIP' an attachment, and other files that are simply attached (not printed using PDF-XChange) are not being converted to ZIP files.

There's got to be something going on with the printer driver changing the PDF to a ZIP.
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello jmasotti,

Thank you for the post. I am doing some tests here, could you please let us know from what program you are printing from (e.g. M$ Word 2013), as well as the size of the file output after printing? If possible, could you please set support@tracker-software as the recipient and send me a few tests?

Thank you for your cooperation!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
jmasotti
User

Post by jmasotti »

Thanks, I will send you a couple of e-mails in the morning.

We're using MS Word 2013 to compose a quote, then printing to PDF-XChange 5, and the Outlook 2013 client opens a new mail with the ZIP attachment ready to go.
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Thank you jmasotti,

In my tests I was using office 2013 as well. If possible, could you please also send me the Word document in another email so that I can test specifically with that document. If the document contains personal information, please try reproducing the issue with a document that does not contain such information and we will coordinate using that in our tests.

Thanks for your cooperation!

Cheers!
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

jmasotti,

When you File > Print from within Word, and having selected "PDF-XChange Printer 2012" as your destination printer, please click "Printer Properties". In the "PDF-XChange Printer 2012 Properties"-dialogbox, in the Settings-tab, click "e-Mail".
Now, check the "Profile" that is being used, and also verify here if "Send Document in ZIP Archive" is checked/unchecked.

At my opinion, the reason for your problem can be that there are two or more "profiles" in your PDF-XChange Printer 2012, and when you print (with the intention to send the file as a PDF attached to a new mail), there is another profile being active than the one that you expect to be.

Normally, when you verify and uncheck the ZIP-parameter via "Printer Properties" in Word itself, and just after clicking "OK" to close the Printer Properties dialogbox, you click the Print-button (still in Word > File > Print), then it should work correctly.

Regards.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Thanks Willy :)
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
jmasotti
User

Post by jmasotti »

Last night I found a couple of things:

1. I've always set the preferences using the Devices and Printers dialog. Since I unchecked 'Send Document in ZIP Archive' in the 'E-mail' page, I expected that the PDF document would be attached as a PDF, and not a ZIP. It wasn't, and that was the reason for this original thread.

2. I found that on my workstation, I needed to turn off 'Compress Graphics' in the 'Compression' page. I noticed that when compression was set to 'Auto' one of the choices was 'ZIP.' Once I turned compression off, and used Word's 'Print' command to select the PDF-XChange printer, the attachment remained a PDF.

3. However, on my co-worker's computer, turning compression off did not solve the problem. He uses the PDF-XChange Office plugin to print and e-mail his documents. What I found was that, even though the printer properties had 'Send as Zip' turned off, it was still turned on in the 'Settings' button in the plugin. In other words, the settings in the printer properties did not match the settings in the plugin. Once I set them to be the same (Compress Graphics = OFF, Send as ZIP = OFF) it worked correctly, and his PDF docs remained PDF attachments in the e-mail.

Hope this helps.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi jmasotti,

Thanks for getting back to us - I'm glad that you managed to find the solution! :D
In other words, the settings in the printer properties did not match the settings in the plugin.
This is by design and allows for a greater customization of one's workflow.

Cheers,
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)