The 'pdf-xchange 5.0' printer driver is not installed

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

pccarrick
User

The 'pdf-xchange 5.0' printer driver is not installed

Post by pccarrick »

We are currently experiencing a problem with PDF-XChange 5.5 Build 312.1, on some machines the software is installed on we are recieving the below error message.
The installation process is currently being done through SCCM 2012. We have followed the same procedure as we hav

The 'pdf-xchange 5.0' printer driver is not installed on this computer. Some printer properties will not be accessible unless you install the printer driver. Do you want to install the driver now?

The installation process is currently being done through SCCM 2012. We have followed the same procedure as we have done for previous versions and they all have worked without issue.

This can happen on a new installation for machines which have never had the software installed or it happens when we remove an old version of the software and install the new version. However this is not for all machines.

The only way i seem to be able to resolve this problem at present is to go into control panel and manually remove the software and re-install over SCCM.

Could you please advise how we can resolve this problem without having to remove and do the installation again.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: The 'pdf-xchange 5.0' printer driver is not installed

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi pccarrick,

Thanks for the post - does this happen when trying to print, or when trying to use the IE/MS Office addin? Also, does it seem to work for a time, then just stop working? Or is the error generated immediately after installing and trying to use the printer/addin?

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
pccarrick
User

Post by pccarrick »

Hi thanks for the reply,

The printer is not available when you try to print to it. If you goto the intalled printers when you do properties on the printer you then recieve the errorafter installing the software and trying to use the printer.

The 'pdf-xchange 5.0' printer driver is not installed on this computer. Some printer properties will not be accessible unless you install the printer driver. Do you want to install the driver now?

The machine can be rebooted and it still does not resolve the problem. But like i said if i manually uninstall and push it to the machine again it will work.
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

Is it possible to push installer through SCCM with command line options?

I would like to see a printer installation log file when you install it after getting this message.

If you use MSI, please add LOGINSTALL=1 to the command line
If you use EXE installer, please add /L to the command line

in both cases there should be prninstaller.log created in system temporary folder.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
pccarrick
User

Post by pccarrick »

please find below log of the prinstaller.log

FYI i am running this command line to remove the old version

"C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange 5\unins000.exe" /SILENT /NORESTART

so i guess this is not removing the old version is this correct, if this is so how can i get this to remove it as part of the uninstall.

Session PrnInstaller (build from Feb 9 2015) at [05.05.2015 11:27.47]

Command line: '/L /I_D_R_M_P /Z /N "PDF-XChange Printer 2012"'
Processor architecture: AMD64
OS Version=3
Uninstall Parameters 0x0.
Install Parameters 0x1E0.
Selected Printer Name: 'PDF-XChange Printer 2012'.
Recognized Parameters Flags: 0x128500
Print Spooler Service status: Ok [Running]
Module filename: C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange 5\Drivers\PrnInstaller.exe
Source folder: C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange 5\Drivers\
Setup file: C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange 5\Drivers\PrnInst.inf
Destination folder (PrinterDriverDirectory): <C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\DRIVERS\x64\>
Print Spooler Service status: Ok [Running]
Using PortMonDLL 'x64\pxc50pm.dll' for port 'PDF-XChange5'
System folder: C:\WINDOWS\system32\
Copying PortMonDLL:'C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange 5\Drivers\x64\pxc50pm.dll' => 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\pxc50pm.dll' - 0x000020 /The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Checking PortMonitor <PDF-XChange5> for using
PortMonitor <PDF-XChange5> used by <PDF-XChange Printer 2012> printer
PortMonitor <PDF-XChange5> is used
ProcessorName in [Strings] section not defined
Will install printer driver for Windows x64 platform with current platform Windows x64.
Destination folder (PrinterDriverDirectory): <C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\DRIVERS\x64\>
Reading files list from Files.X64 section.
Copying:'C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange 5\Drivers\x64\PXC50f.DLL' => 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\DRIVERS\x64\PXC50f.DLL' - Ok
Copying:'C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange 5\Drivers\x64\PXC50UIf.DLL' => 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\DRIVERS\x64\PXC50UIf.DLL' - Ok
drv.cVersion = 4
drv.pName = PDF-XChange 5.0
drv.pEnvironment = Windows x64
drv.pDriverPath = C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\DRIVERS\x64\PXC50f.DLL
drv.pDataFile = C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\DRIVERS\x64\PXC50UIf.DLL
drv.pConfigFile = C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\DRIVERS\x64\PXC50UIf.DLL
drv.pHelpFile =
drv.pDependentFiles = PXC50f.DLL
drv.pDefaultDataType = RAW
rezult ( 1 )
Driver PDF-XChange 5.0 for WinX64 was succefully added
Deleting file: C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\DRIVERS\x64\PXC50f.DLL - Ok
Deleting file: C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\DRIVERS\x64\PXC50UIf.DLL - Ok
Problems with AddPrinter. Error code: 0x00070A /The printer already exists.

Printer <PDF-XChange Printer 2012> already Exist.
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

Thanks for the log. Will check why it happens, as uninst should remove the printer and driver, but not install them back.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
billyxmas
User

Post by billyxmas »

I've done several installs w/ the latest pro version. I can verify that the older version we had did have printers and had it's own ribbon with ms office. Now, no printers install and there's no office integration. The office add-in (PXOfficeAddin5x64.dll) is missing.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi billyxmas,

Thanks for the post - can you please advise on the specific name of the installer that you used, as well as your operating system specs (i.e. Win Vista Ultimate, 64-bit).

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
billyxmas
User

Post by billyxmas »

I've installed it on 13 PC's all of which are Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. I have tried both install files for PDF-XChange Editor version 5.5.313.1: PDFXVE5.zip & PDFXVE5.x64.msi. None of the installs created a print driver or integrated with office 2007 through 2013. On several installs I attempted to manually load the PXCOfficeAddin5X64.dll file but it exists no where within the Tracker Software folder on the local drive.

Many of these computers had PDF-XChange 2012 which I had to uninstall. These 2012 installs all had a print driver, were integrated into MS Office and had the .dll file listed above.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi Billy,

Thanks for the post - this is because you are using the Editor-only installer. To install the MS Office add-in, as well as the Editor, you would need to installer using PDF-XChange PRO:

EXE:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/PDFX5.zip

MSI

32-bit
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/PDFXC5Pro_x86.msi

64-bit
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/PDFXC5Pro_x64.msi

HTH!
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
billyxmas
User

Post by billyxmas »

Thank you. I had the wrong install files. Whew!
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

:D
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America