Settings - Save path

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Peter2
User

Settings - Save path

Post by Peter2 »

Under "Settings - Save path" there is a dialogue to select a folder; the dialogue also has a "Make New folder" button. I would like to have the edit-field to enter a path - I think this is more needed ...

Peter
PDF-X-Change Pro German
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Settings - Save path

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Peter,

I believe this is a standard window generated by the OS.
Also this path is only used if you do not show the UI to ask you where you want to save each generated file. So this is for only when you are creating files silently in the background, and this should be a folder/path that you only need to modify once in a while, so I do not believe this kind of change is justified given the little benefit it will bring to the overall usability of the drivers, and the amount of time needed to implement a different solution.

Regards,
Stefan
Peter2
User

Post by Peter2 »

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote:...I believe this is a standard window generated by the OS...
I'm not sure, but maybe the other window is standard too?
Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote:......that you only need to modify once in a while...
Not always. If you use a project-orientated output-structure this will be modified often.

But yes - this topic is not first priority.
PDF-X-Change Pro German
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Thanks for understanding Peter.

I am not sure if "the other window" is a standard one that is generated by the OS, though I suspect it is.

Cheers!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
Peter2
User

Post by Peter2 »

Addendum:
UltraEdit has a Folder-dialogue where both fields - edit-filed and make-button - exist. Maybe it is standard too?
But as said - second priority.

Peter
PDF-X-Change Pro German
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Peter,

I will try to check that for you!

Regards,
Stefan