Different data of "PDF Producer"

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Peter2
User

Different data of "PDF Producer"

Post by Peter2 »

Within a batch-mode I created approx. 3300 PDF from AutoCAD. Analysing the metadata I found

Code: Select all

PDF Producer:
2 Files: PDF-XChange (pdfSaver5.exe v5.0.0271.0000) (Windows)
all other files: PDF-XChange Printer 2012 (5.0 build 271 271) [271Windows 7 Professional x64 (Build 7601: Service Pack 1)]
The 2 files are multiple-page, created with "PDF-Printer+Option: Attach to existing file". Is it correct that this option changes the "Producer"?

Peter
PDF-X-Change Pro German
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Different data of "PDF Producer"

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Peter,

I can't confirm at this time, as it's still quite early where the Dev. responsible for this is, but I believe that this is the correct behaviour, as the application that produced the 'new' modified file is the pdfSaver.

Please keep in mind that a producer can produce the original document, or can be the producer of the modifications. It's the 'modifier' that is, in this case, important when looking to find out which application created the newest iteration of the document.

Also, it may be worth noting that you are using an older release and an update may will change this behaviour:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/PDFX5.zip

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
Peter2
User

Post by Peter2 »

Will - Tracker Supp wrote:...that you are using an older release ...
Yes, that's "by design". It is for a client who will update in some weeks ..

Peter
PDF-X-Change Pro German
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Thanks Peter,

We just wanted to make sure that the use of this older build is not going on unnoticed :D

Regards,
Stefan